Northern Beaches Volunteer Expo 2014
For those interested in becoming a volunteer but don't know where to begin, the forthcoming Northern Beaches Volunteer Expo will be a must to attend event!
Over 30 community organisations will be on hand to showcase the wide variety of volunteer opportunities available throughout Manly Warringah Pittwater areas.
This event will provide a great opportunity for people to check out the different community organisations and get firsthand information directly from their representatives.
Paula Duncan renowned Australian actress, and great community supporter, the Ambassador of Nova Employment, (developing projects, events and seminars to build awareness of the ability of people with a disability) will open the event and Guest of Honour, the Mayor of Warringah, Michael Regan will be there to celebrate with us.
Volunteering can be a real life changing pursuit, and the Expo is a terrific opportunity for everyone to see just what a difference being a volunteer can make to their own life and the lives of others.
The Expo will be held on Wednesday, May 14 at The Show Room of the Dee Why RSL Club from 10.00am to 2.00pm.
Community Connect Northern Beaches’ Volunteer Program connects people with volunteer positions in not for profit organisations throughout Manly, Warringah and Pittwater and is funded by NSW Department Family & Community Services, Ageing Disability and Home Care (ADHC) through the Home & Community Care (HACC) program.
We specialise in helping individuals and organisations wanting to get into volunteering.
We have great volunteer opportunities for:
With over 30 years experience in volunteer recruiting we can link you to a volunteer vocation which suits you best.
Community Volunteering Northern Sydney DVD
This DVD showcases some of the volunteer opportunities available within the Northern Sydney region. It was developed by the Northern Sydney Volunteer Network in an effort to demonstrate the joy volunteering gives to all. Recipient agencies and volunteers will find volunteering rewarding. Contact details are in the video.
Volunteer Information Sessions
Thinking about volunteering? Want to help out in your community? Find out what volunteering entails and how to get involved.
Click here to find out more about our volunteer information sessions.
A list of opportunities:
- Friendly volunteers bus drivers needed to assist with bus travel around the Pittwater community collecting the elderly every Monday and Wednesday. Shifts are from 8:30am -10.00am or 2.00pm -3:15pm. You can work either shift or both. The role involves assisting the driver, meeting clients at their door and escorting them onto the bus and making sure they are safely seated.
- Our gardening program needs more volunteers on to transform the gardens of elderly and disabled clients throughout the Northern Beaches. If you are active, friendly and enjoy being outdoors, come and join the team on a Monday or a Tuesday morning. No experience necessary.
- Volunteer needed to help with Vegetable Garden at the Day Care Centre in Manly. Flexible days, for two hours at a time. Duties involve: assisting with potting plants, herbs, vegetables in the raised garden bed.
- Friendly Reception/Administration volunteers needed for community organisation in Dee Why. Flexible morning or afternoon shifts on Thursday and Friday. Excellent communication skills and good presentation are necessity. Duties include answering the phone, taking messages, greeting clients. Training will be provided.
- Volunteer shoppers needed to assist an elderly person or person with disability with their shopping in Pittwater Warringah and Manly areas. Three hours a fortnight makes all the difference!
Please come in for a no obligation interview so we can discuss your skills, interests and available time.
Our member organisations are always looking for volunteers.
We can contact our broad range of member organisations and make an enquiry on your behalf to find you a fulfilling volunteer position.
We have access to a whole range of volunteer activities:
Our member organisations range from
|Corporate Volunteering is about businesses supporting and encouraging staff involvement in the community for mutual benefit.
If you would like more information about how we can help you start a corporate volunteering program click here
Volunteer Registration Form