Northern Beaches Volunteer Expo 2014
For those interested in becoming a volunteer but don't know where to begin, the forthcoming Northern Beaches Volunteer Expo will be a must to attend event!
Over 30 community organisations will be on hand to showcase the wide variety of volunteer opportunities available throughout Manly Warringah Pittwater areas.
This event will provide a great opportunity for people to check out the different community organisations and get firsthand information directly from their representatives.
Paula Duncan renowned Australian actress, and great community supporter, the Ambassador of Nova Employment, (developing projects, events and seminars to build awareness of the ability of people with a disability) will open the event and Guest of Honour, the Mayor of Warringah, Michael Regan will be there to celebrate with us.
Volunteering can be a real life changing pursuit, and the Expo is a terrific opportunity for everyone to see just what a difference being a volunteer can make to their own life and the lives of others.
The Expo will be held on Wednesday, May 14 at The Show Room of the Dee Why RSL Club from 10.00am to 2.00pm.
Community Connect Northern Beaches’ Volunteer Program connects people with volunteer positions in not for profit organisations throughout Manly, Warringah and Pittwater and is funded by NSW Department Family & Community Services, Ageing Disability and Home Care (ADHC) through the Home & Community Care (HACC) program.
We specialise in helping individuals and organisations wanting to get into volunteering.
We have great volunteer opportunities for:
With over 30 years experience in volunteer recruiting we can link you to a volunteer vocation which suits you best.
Community Volunteering Northern Sydney DVD
This DVD showcases some of the volunteer opportunities available within the Northern Sydney region. It was developed by the Northern Sydney Volunteer Network in an effort to demonstrate the joy volunteering gives to all. Recipient agencies and volunteers will find volunteering rewarding. Contact details are in the video.
Volunteer Information Sessions
Thinking about volunteering? Want to help out in your community? This is your chance to find out what volunteering entails and how to get involved. Please come and join us and hear about all the great volunteering opportunities on the Northern Beaches!
Date: Thursday 28th August 2014
Time: 10am to 11:30am
Venue: Warringah Library
A list of opportunities:
1. Volunteers needed for Seniors Day Centre at Mona Vale, someone who is happy to interact with the clients and also travel on the bus whilst transporting to and from the centre. 4hr shifts available, 9am-1pm and 12pm-4pm, Mondays-Fridays. Also we are looking for volunteers who are keen to work in the kitchen for 3 hours any day.
2. We are looking for volunteers to work for a couple of hours a week in our soon to be opened 'Pre-Loved Clothing' charity shop at Warriewood. The trading hours will be between 10am-4pm, Tuedays-Saturdays. Training will be provided.
3. Volunteers needed to assist in lovely Manly office 4-5 hours per week. Roles available:
Volunteer Administrator role: help answer enquiries from potential field volunteers and to assist with travel documentation such as visas and work permits.
Donations & Membership Assistant role: help to process donations and memberships and to assist with thank you letters and other correspondence.
4. We are looking for volunteers for the Fresh Tracks Community Hub at H.A.R.T. in St. Ives (opposite the St. Ives Showground on Mona Vale Road). The Fresh Tracks vision is to improve the quality of life of young Australians living with an acquired brain injury.
Supervisor Volunter: This position is to act as an overseer during times when the bikes are available for use by Fresh Tracks. The position involves being in attendance at the "Skid Track" to represent Fresh Tracks while up to 5 people use the Recumbent Bikes on the track. Ensure that the recumbent bikes are returned to the correct bike racks or to the reception area. Record if any bike requires maintenance. Hours of operation: Mon, Wed, Fri 12pm-1pm. Tues & Thurs from 3pm-5pm.
Respite Supervisor: This position would be trained by the therapists from Royal Rehab to be a Respite Supervisor for particular person who has suffered an acquired brain injury. A driver would pickup and return the client to their home so the supervisor is required only for attendance at the H.A.R.T. location. The duties of the Supervisor will vary depending upon the needs of the particular client but may involve helping them in and out of the recumbent bike (a hoist would be available if required), adjusting the bike if necessary and additional assistance while the person is on the track if required. Hours for the respite are likely to be: Tues & Thurs 2pm-5pm.
5. Do you enjoy chess, art, books, music and language? Share your interests and enrich the quality of life of a person who feels socially isolated. An hour or so of your time fortnightly can make a huge difference to someone who no longer can go out into the community. Opportunities in Pittwater, Warringah and Manly areas.
Please come in for a no obligation interview so we can discuss your skills, interests and available time.
Our member organisations are always looking for volunteers.
We can contact our broad range of member organisations and make an enquiry on your behalf to find you a fulfilling volunteer position.
We have access to a whole range of volunteer activities:
Our member organisations range from
|Corporate Volunteering is about businesses supporting and encouraging staff involvement in the community for mutual benefit.
If you would like more information about how we can help you start a corporate volunteering program click here
Volunteer Registration Form